Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Sewing With Stacy: The Simple Bow Skirt



I found this skirt on Pinterest, and I knew I would have to make it. I mean, a poofy skirt with a bow? Totally me. It was really so easy, too.
I got a great deal on the fabric, it was half off at JoAnn's Fabric Store, which means that I was able to make the entire skirt for $5. Hello, great deal!
I actually chickened out of the zipper idea, and used elastic at the base of the waistband with a hook and eye at top instead. This made the measurements a little bit different. So just as a warning, if you feel less confident about zippers also, realize that you're going to have to play with it a little bit.
Also, I highly recommend pressing and pinning your hem, it makes it so much easier.
Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment