Monday, November 29, 2010

Hats, Hats, Hats


Whenever I watch old movies, I always notice hats. Vintage hats have quickly become something of an obsession for me. I love the extravagance of some, the simpleness of others. A hat can make or break an outfit. It can turn something ordinary into something extraordinary. Don't agree? Audrey Hepburn did. Her hat in this photo is iconic, the focal point of her outfit, and a symbol of one of her most famous films.


While in America, our hat options are somewhat limited to fedoras and beanies, a wide-brimmed garden hat is still very much apparent in English culture. Wouldn't you love to attend the Henley Regatta in this?


Kate Middleton, Britain's future princess, is quickly becoming something of a hat icon, also. Who knew that an accessory could make someone look so chic, so couture.

I want one. I want six. Do you love hats too? Click here and here for more.

Do you prefer a modern twist on your headpiece? Then check out him.

No comments:

Post a Comment